Based in Melbourne, Australia
January 15, 2008
Press / Business Contact:
+61 424 253 238
DescriptionAn independent game developer based in Melbourne but involving folks from all over the world. We made Shotgun Sunrise and its iOS spinoff Vroom!, and are developing InFlux, an awesome ball-rolling puzzle game.
We started out as a small mod team in 2008, when a guy posted "Who wants to make a mod?" on a forum. The approach we took to our mod's development was that anyone on the forum would contribute, and if they made an asset, it would be in the game, like a game development potluck. A year later we released Shotgun Sunrise, a well-received Half-Life 2 mod.After that
we moved from the Source Engine to the Unreal Development Kit, where we made a Shotgun Sunrise-derived iOS racing game, Vroom!, which was completed in four months and taught us a lot about developing games for mobile. Now we're making InFlux, a physics puzzle game that mixes natural and abstract environments, meditative exploration and puzzle platforming. The player controls a glowing metal sphere of unknown origin, traversing an apparently deserted island dotted with large and mysterious structures of glass and steel.
InFlux Overworld Trailer: YouTube
InFlux Glasshouse Trailer: YouTube
Shotgun Sunrise: YouTube
There are far more images available for Impromptu Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominated ModDB Editor's Choice Best Multiplayer Mod 2009 for Shotgun Sunrise" - ModDB.com, 2009
- ""…going down the hall to your QA organisation is easy, but the most talented people you’re going to find halfway around the world, developing some crazy… co-op zombie Western.""
- Gabe Newell, Valve Software
- "“Fan-goddamn-tastic…I love this mod (Shotgun Sunrise) so much”“...like Left 4 Dead, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, and Grand Theft Auto all in one mod”“...the most amazing Half-Life experience in a very long time”"
- Podcast 17, Podcast 17
- ""It might be the Citizen Kane of games... and it might also be the Citizen Kane of Citizen Kanes""
- James Benson, Benson Animations
Team & Repeating
Jorn van de Beek